Beat the Heat!
Tips to Stay Safe During our Hottest Months
July certainly brings on the summer heat! With temperatures in the 90s and above, it's vital that you try and stay cool.
Keep safe during times of high or extreme heat by following some of these helpful tips:
- Keep hydrated and drink plenty of fluids
- Wear loose, lightweight and light-colored clothing. Wear a hat wide enough to cover and protect your face.
- Avoid strenuous /high-energy outdoor activities
- Never leave a child, adult or animal alone or unattended in a vehicle even on a warm day. For instance, if the outside temperature is only 80°, within 10 minutes the inside temperature can reach 99° and in 30 minutes, 114°.
- Recognize and respond to signs of heat-related illness like heat cramps, heat exhaustion or heat stroke by visiting www.ready.gov/heat.